Ksharasutra Karma is an ancient Ayurvedic system of medicine which mainly treats diseases with a combination of chemical alkali and water. It is especially famous in the treatment of piles, but it is also used in the treatment of many other diseases. An important feature of Ksharsutra Karma is that it destroys the affected part (vein, organ) and is able to provide adequate nutrition at that place, due to which the patient gets well soon. This method has been used since the time of the Sanskrit Vedas and is still an important part of Ayurvedic medicine today
Read More: How Ayurvedic Medicine for Cough Can Help You Recover Faster
Simple ingredients are required to perform Ksharsutra Karma, which mainly includes two things: Kshar (Alkali) and Sutra (Thread). This action can be done in two ways:
1. Ksharsutra Karma: In this a tube or pipe called Ksharsutra is bathed mainly with the chemicals of piles. This reduces the possibility of hemorrhoids coming into the vein and the patient gets well soon.
2. Ksharsutra Bandhan: In this, using Ksharsutra, a thread mixed with chemicals is tied to the main vein of piles. This binding lasts for some time and the patient gets relief by destroying the blood accumulation of piles. The binding is changed from time to time to get the most out of it.
Read More: What You Need to Know About Bone Loss and How to Prevent It?
The origin of Ksharasutra Karma dates back to the time of the Vedas, when this method was mainly practiced in the treatment of piles. Even in ancient Ayurvedic texts, Ksharasutra has a very important place in the treatment of Karma. It is described in detail in a famous Ayurvedic text "Sushrut Samhita". This medical method is used in the treatment of various diseases, but mostly it is used in the treatment of piles.
Read More: 11+ Tourist Attractions in Various Cities of Uttar Pradesh
Ksharsutra Karma is extremely beneficial in the treatment of various diseases. It can be used in the treatment of the following diseases:
1. Piles: This method provides a lot of benefits in the treatment of piles. It destroys the blood accumulation of piles and gives relief to the patient.
2. Fistula: Fistula is improved by putting chemical substances in the mouth of the fistula with Ksharsutra Karma.
3. Arsh (Damage): Ksharsutra Karma is useful in the treatment of piles as well as arsh.
4. Ulkapitta (Peptic Ulcer): In the treatment of Ulkapitta, the use of Ksharasutra Karma provides relief.
5. Fistula in ano: Ksharasutra improves the treatment of fetillo.
Read More: How to change your life with Health Habits as told by Maharishi Sushruta
Various chemicals are used during Ksharsutra Karma, mainly the following substances are used:
1. Sodium Bicarbonate (Soda): Sodium bicarbonate is useful in the treatment of many diseases, especially piles.
2. Sodium Potassium Tartrate (Sarbonate): It is a drug and food ingredient which is useful in the treatment of piles.
3. Apamarga Kshara (Achyranthes aspara): This substance is used in combination with water and alkali.
4. Kharloh (Potassium Carbonate): It is useful in the treatment of piles and helps in reducing blood coagulation.
Read More: Essential Facts about the World of Organic Farming
1. Examination of the patient by the doctor: Ayurvedic doctor will do a complete examination of the patient and will assess their symptoms and scope of the disease.
2. Determination of Ksharasutra treatment: Based on the symptoms of the patient, the doctor will determine the appropriate Ksharasutra treatment.
3. Combination and Determination: After proper combination of alkali and water the doctor will prepare Ksharsutra.
4. Ksharsutra Bandhan: The Ksharsutra prepared by the doctor will be tied on the main disease site of the patient.
5. Monitoring of the process: After Ksharasutra Bandhan, the doctor will observe the process on the patient and make changes as required.
6. Caution and Care: It is important to be careful and take care of hygiene during Ksharasutra Karma. Proper diet and exercise are suggested to the patient.
Read More: How to Keep Your Eyes Healthy the Ayurvedic Way
1. This method should be used only by an experienced Ayurvedic doctor.
2. Do not consume any medicine or treatment without the advice of an Ayurvedic doctor.
3. Even after the medical procedure, take medicines only with the consent of your doctor and make necessary changes.
4. Handle carefully and take care of cleanliness during Ksharsutra Karma.
5. Follow proper diet and exercise and lead a healthy lifestyle.
Read More: How Migraine Treatment in Ayurveda Transforms Pain into Peace
If you wish to delve deeper into the ancient Ayurvedic system of medicine known as Ksharsutra Karma, primarily used for treating piles, follow the Guide of Life to learn more. This method involves the combination of chemical alkali and water for treating diseases. Seeking guidance from a specialist doctor is crucial for the proper implementation of this technique, and adherence to precautions and hygiene is of utmost importance. By understanding this ancient practice, you can explore its potential benefits, especially in the treatment of ailments like piles. If you're experiencing any related health issues, it's advisable to promptly consult a doctor for proper guidance and treatment.